Friday, January 20, 2006

Life Saver!

I discovered a technique that has proven to be very effective. It has saved us twice now. The first time with Monkey and the second time with Red. I'll explain...I have realized that nighttime parenting can be very stressful when an accident/throwing up is involved. Just night waking is fine but when you have to strip down a bed and then put new covers on, it can be a lot for someone who isn't completely awake. So this is what I have come up with, I put a fitted sheet on the bed with a towel in the spot of the most likely problem area (Red would be up by his mouth and Monkey in the middle where he might pee) then the mattress pad and then another sheet over top of that. The reason for this is when the first sheet gets soiled you just have to remove it and the mattress pad and the bed is still made! You simply lay the child back down on the towel that is already there! Then if they soil the towel, it is much easier to change then a fitted sheet. At first I was just using the towel on top of the sheet but it would get messed up to easy and so I figured this way would be better, plus you never know when they will get sick or have an accident, this way you are prepared always. J called last night, the calm before the storm! Yes, early this morning after Red slept so good until about 5:30am when he then threw up all over the bed. I changed him while J ripped off the bedding then we went back to sleep. It was great. I got the most sleep in one night than I have in about 5 days last night. So today has been major cleaning and sorting through things that we don't need anymore. Feels good to finally get to that stuff.

No comments: