Monday, January 23, 2006

Spirit Week

Today was mix 'n' match or backwards day. Let me take a minute to paint you a picture of GlamorGirl's outfit! She had on a long sleeve turtle neck with red and white stripes, on top of that she had a green t-shirt with pink sleeves that said Irish in pink letters in the middle, she had on purple pants with a white stripe down the sides, a yellow sock on one foot, a blue sock on the other, a white shoe on one foot and a black shoe on the other. She was looking pretty good! Tomorrow is Super Hero day and she wants to be Violet from the Incredibles. So we got a bunch of her clothes that were black and red and made a costume that will work. I colored an incredible sign to put on her so people know who she is, not like she won't tell them! The next day is occupation day and I think that she is going to borrow Monkey's dress up outfit of a Train Conductor. That is all I have planned so far I need to figure out the rest of the week. I'll let you know what she did at a later date because I am drawing a blank as to what the theme is for those days. Yesterday I was playing Polly Pockets with GG and I was looking through all her shoes to see if she even had matches to them all and she ended up with two without a match. I asked her if we should throw them away and her response was, "No, because I can use the shoes for a Silly Wacky Wednesday day like I have at school." I thought that was pretty creative of her. They don't have that for a month but they have talked about it at school, she had no idea that today was mix n match day because I forgot and remembered after she had gone to bed. So I picked out her crazy outfit while she was sleeping.

Cute story: Monkey got roller skates for Christmas, the kind that you wear shoes with, well he has been putting them on the last couple of days and skating around on the carpet. Apparently he thought he was getting good and decided that he was going to try the tile. I told him to be careful and this is what he said, "Look mom, I'm not going to fall." No sooner did he get those words out of his mouth, did he fall on his butt. He started laughing and so we all laughed. Then he headed towards the kitchen that has hardwood floors. I told him not too but you know a 3 year old has a mind of their own and he took one step onto the hardwood and fell. Needless to say, he was done with flirting with the dangerous surfaces and went back to skating on the carpet! This summer should be fun both GG and Monkey have skates :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for summer to get here, too !!