Monday, January 30, 2006

Lessons learned...

The first was something J and I learned about Red. He does not like dogs. We were at the Irwin's house and their neighbors came over to show them their new dog. J took Red over to the dog so he could get a closer look. Red started to cry. I just thought it was a fluke because the door was opened and I thought he was cold. Well then on Saturday we went to my dad's house and they have a dog. Red watched her the whole time we were there. The dog even jumped up on the couch we were sitting on and then jumped back down, Red started shacking and then cried, that completely freaked him out. Then last night the kids and I were watching America's Funniest Home Videos and they had a segment with dogs...Red cried when he saw them. I am really hoping he will out grow that because during the summer when we are outside there are tons of dogs that walk down our street and Jack (our neighbor) feeds them and usually lets the kids do it!

The second lesson learned was for GlamorGirl. That is you have unacceptable behavior at school you will have to ask for forgiveness. Friday she spent the day in KAP J was subbing and she wanted to stay. I thought I'll just stick around for the pep assembly...I really wanted to see a pep assembly at a Christian school. So I brought Monkey lunch at school and had him take a nap with the kids who stay all day. While he was sleeping I went to see GG to do her reading with her. Wanted to get it done because we were going to the I's for dinner. Well this is when she was bad. She started screaming and throwing a fit...I know...I know my little girl? But she is so sweet. Well she let out some true colors that day. All of the teachers in that wing stopped class to come check out the noise in the hallway. They thought someone was being hurt. No it was just GG not wanting to read the right lesson, and being stubborn. I told her she could do the right homework now or we can just do it at home. I finally got her settled down with help from her teacher telling her that she is suppose to do the lesson I had told her. She did do her reading homework but today she had to go to each teacher and ask them to forgive her for disrupting their classes. It was hard for her but I was very proud of her for doing it because it was the right thing to do. They all gave her a hug after she said in the sweetest little voice, "I'm sorry for screaming and interrupting your class." I think she will think twice before she throws another fit like that one in public. Life is learning.

No comments: