Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Want to Paint?

The kids got paint books for Christmas, the kind that have water colors. We normally do the paint with water, a lot less messy! I got each of the kids a cup of water and told them not to use too much or the paper would get soaked. Next thing I know Monkey has the cup and is asking, "Is this too much water?" As he is pouring it onto the page. I was like "What are you doing?" Then I explained to him that he was supposed to dip the brush into the water and then in the paint so he could paint, as I was laughing historically. Water was everywhere...on the table, floor, and his pants. At least it was just water! After he figured out how to use the paint he was fine. It didn't even dawn on me to explain how to use the paints because he uses them at school so I really don't know what was going through his head today. But it was pretty funny.

To change the topic real quick. I have been being bugged by members of my family, I won't name names, about Red eating real food. He sits on my lap during dinner most nights and he doesn't even grab at the food. He does watch it go from my plate to my mouth but that is it. It is recommended that you wait until the baby shows interest in food by grabbing at it, not just watching. Well today J read over my LLL meeting papers about starting solids. He thinks Red is ready too, because of the ages listed not by the readiness cues. But I am the mom and I'm telling you he IS NOT ready. So to prove my point I cut up a green bean tonight and put it on Red's tray. He picked one piece up smashed it in his hands and then threw it on the floor. The rest of it was just played with and none of it went anywhere near his mouth. And the only reason he picked up the first piece is because I pointed it out to him. He is not ready or he would of put it in his mouth. My guess is that he will want to eat real food in about 2 months. But I am going to go by his cues not the books!!!! I will finish with saying he will get to eat real food when he is ready.

No comments: