Monday, January 02, 2006

No childcare...

We didn't get home until 1pm from the party we went too on New Years Eve. So on Sunday the 1st we had a difficult time getting up and getting ready. We got to church right at 9:30 when it started and they had already began singing. I told J I would take the kids to children's church and then go up stairs with Red. I had all 3 kids and we headed downstairs. All the rooms were dark, even the nursery. Oh no I thought no childcare. I guess I have to take them to the mother's room with me. Now if you don't go to our church you wouldn't understand how small this room is so let me try and paint you a picture. It is big enough for about 8 to 10 rocking chairs to be lined up next to each other and about 3 chairs deep. That is it in a nutshell. When we walk in we see Al and his 3 girls ages 2, 5, & 7, Jen and her 3 kids ages 10 months, 4, & 6, Dan and Anne and their little baby boy and the pastor's wife and their little girl. Then us! It was crowded and LOUD! I didn't hear any of the service and we got told to keep the kids quiet twice. It was unreal there was nothing for them to do. At one point Monkey walked over to the window that looks down on the congregation and with two fists pounds on the window and screams, "THIS IS BORING! THIS IS BORING!" I, of course, stopped him but it was already done. Then I found out that the pastor's wife had told him what Monkey had said good thing he is young and has a good sense of humor! And knew it was because Monkey was bored out of his mind and not because his sermon was boring :)

No comments: