Tuesday, November 08, 2011

honesty

Today I am having a hard time finding what to be thankful for. My kids decided that they were going to play in my room instead of getting ready for school like they were suppose too and in their disobedience broke a compact florescent light right above my bed. Great nothing like getting out of the shower for a little mercury vapor inhalation, ugh. I have to be honest I was livid. They weren't doing what they were suppose to be doing and in doing so made a HUGE mess of my room not to mention a toxic one at that. What I can't wrap my brain around is why my 10 year old was standing on my bed swinging her arms around when she was still in her pajamas. Yes folks you read that right my OLDEST broke the light. WHAT was she thinking??? Thankfully (oh good I found something to be thankful for) my hubby was still home and he was able to help with the quick clean up. All I could do was bump up the air purifier, get dressed and run out the door to get them to school. I didn't even grab everything I needed! I was able to get back to the mess about 2 hours later and looked online on how to properly clean up one of those bulbs. Yep really didn't do what they recommend. GREAT! I re-vacuumed the room and found more pieces of glass and then stripped the bed. I have the door to the room closed and our window open slightly because it is raining outside. I moved our air purifier into the girls room and turned it on in there because the house was closed up for 2 hours after the incident I want to make sure the air gets clean. Besides my husbands help I am thankful for the internet that I could look up how to clean up the mercury filled bulb properly because I'm sure they were be more broken lights. Though when the kids get home they will get to see for themselves why we don't want these bulbs broken in hopes they will be more careful. Fun times. Can you tell I'm still mad?! It really irks me that it was broken where I sleep. I wouldn't have been as upset if it had been in the basement. Still wouldn't have been happy but at least it would of been far from where we sleep. 

1 comment:

Adina said...

I'm thankful for your honesty. Deep breaths now...