Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving!!!

Today was another adventure in the kitchen for me! When I got up this morning the turkey was not completely thawed. I took it out of the package and started picking off the ice. Then I began the water thaw. I was able to get it in the oven by 9am which I thought was pretty good albeit half an hour later than I had planned. I am thankful for the fact that Jeff forgot to turn off his alarm and I was awoken by 6:45 this morning. I had set my clock for 8am and if I had slept that long that turkey would not of gotten in that oven by 9am! I know it is a funny thing to be thankful for but I am thankful that alarm didn't get turned off ;) Any other day I would of not been happy. We had such a HUGE amount of food today. Before the big feast we had appetizers of carrots and cucumbers with dip, cheese, crackers and summer sausage, shrimp and dip, strawberries and cantaloup and chex mix which was a pretty nice spread in and of itself. In addition to the food I listed yesterday my mom-in-law brought cranberries and sweet potatoes and Jeff had bought some ice cream for the dessert! It was some good eatin'. We ate around 3pm and then we let our tummies settle. We were ready for dessert around 4:30ish/5 and we told the kids it was their dinner. Red was so excited. Then the we missed Charlie Brown on tv which really bummed us all out. On all the commercials it had 9/8c and then the website said the same thing but when I turned the tv on at 7:50 it was already playing. The kids were in tears so I am going to have to borrow it from some friends. GG is sitting here reading everything I type and she informed me that SHE was NOT in tears...so I must correct my earlier statement with *most* of the kids (the two youngest) were in tears. It was a great day spending time with family. I hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving. Only 6 more days of this month...

No comments: