Wednesday, December 17, 2003

So last night J and I spent a lot of time talking about things...his job, family life, social life and just about everything. I also tried something new last night with Monkey. Almost every time he woke up I got out of bed and rocked or held him until he went back to sleep instead of nursing him. I am trying to cut out the night feedings. He is almost 17 months! Wow I can't believe he has gotten this old. It seems like yesterday he was born. GG too, for that matter, where does the time go? Today while I made lunch I turned on some music and the kids started dancing. As I watched Monkey I was reminded of my friend Julie saying that her little boy Thomas (a couple months younger than M) when he jumps it is more like a bounce. Monkey does that too but today when he was jumping (bouncing) he would lift one leg off the ground. He still couldn't do both but he is getting it. It is so fun to watch my kids grow and learn new things. Right now J and GG are doing her new puzzle she got from my grandparents, on Sunday, I think it is the second or third time they are doing it. She is learning the puzzle! Sometimes I think that GG's learning has slowed down and then I look back at my journal and see that she is still learning, but being with her everyday I guess I just don't realize it. She is turning into such a fun individual. I honestly can say that I enjoy spending time with both the kids. I do love my job of being a mother. Some days it is harder than others but that is true with any type of job/career.

No comments: