Thursday, February 12, 2004

I corrected the spelling mistake my wonderful husband pointed out to me, if you didn’t catch it then don’t worry. I worked this morning and took GG with me, and Monkey and J had father/son time. GG went to a class today, which they call preschool but isn’t anything but a playgroup. They had a Valentine’s Day party GG loved that. What they do is play games, have snack, read books, sing songs, and make a craft. It only lasts an hour and a half in the room right next to the nursery. Then she came with me to teach the sports bug class I got recruited to teach. She was really shy during that class I think it was because I was the teacher?!?! Who knows, she is a 3 year old with her own mind! Everyone I have talked to say that 3 year olds are harder to handle than 2 year olds. The only difference I see is that she is starting to stretch her wings and wanting to be more independent. The: I can do it myself mind set. But she has to learn to do things on her own sometime, right? One more thing about work! As we were leaving GG said to Amanda, “Do you know the line from the Wizard of Oz? It goes like this I’ll get you my pretty. Do you know that one? That is what the wicked witch says to the pretty girl.” She went on more about it but I was trying to get us ready to leave! But she has only seen that movie once and it was about 4 months ago. I don’t know what sparked that memory but it was pretty darn funny to listen to her tell Amanda. Enough of that…when we got home we ate lunch as a family. J is really enjoying being on his own except that he says he gets lonely. Maybe we will get a cell phone and he can call me. Nah they are too expensive and everyone has one, we want to be different :) After lunch Monkey crashed and I put on the RugRats movie for GG. I laid with her on the couch to watch the movie and I ended up falling asleep for about half an hour. It felt good to take a catnap. Speaking of sleep I slept like a rock last night. I woke up in the middle of the night with a big drool puddle on my pillow! I told J I slept good and he said, “I know, I told you to move Monkey too many times to count and you never did.” I don’t understand why he can’t move him. Monkey was buggin J not me so J should move him, at least I think. I told him that and he said that he was too comfortable to move him. Well obviously J wasn’t too comfortable if he was awake to tell me to move him because his feet were digging in his side. Ah men! Anyway we made homemade pizza for dinner. The kids both helped. I also made some lemonade and asked GG to help me count the 8 scoops needed. When we stopped at 8, Monkey said 9. I have been working on counting with him, I tell him when I get to 10 we stop nursing. In those times he must be learning to count! What a smart little guy. After dinner the kids took baths and soon after GG was in bed asleep. Monkey just went down about 20 minutes ago. I am ready to go to bed too.

No comments: