Monday, February 16, 2004

No work today, which means I got to sleep in! I am really tired right now so I will try and give you highlights from today that I can remember. This morning GG decided that her dolls needed to wear diapers. So she got into Monkey’s diapers and put them on her dolls. It was pretty funny. She is my little mother in the making. She didn’t ruin any of the diapers either, which is a plus. Both of the kids took naps at the same time today. I was going to do some scrapbooking but I figured that by the time I got all the stuff out they would be awake. My plan is to start scrapbooking after they go to bed at night. This afternoon GG and I made a grocery list together again. She thinks that is pretty neat to be included in what we buy for food. The way I see it, I would rather buy things she wants to eat then things she won’t touch. In the store she helped pick out the treats for her class on Thursday, we got apple juice boxes, fruit snacks, and string cheese. I will say that I am so thankful that my kids aren’t allergic to peanuts. I picked up a couple things I thought would be good snacks and the ingredients in big bold letters said might contain traces of peanut. I really wouldn’t know what to do if they were allergic considering they eat pb &j for lunch all the time. We got home and unpacked the groceries, the kids helped. Then we came downstairs and watched “our” show we watch together every week. It is probably the only show on tv that is still kid friendly. GG played with my hair too. This evening has been interesting. Monkey went to sleep so I laid him in bed (GG was laying there wide awake) then 15 minutes later GG comes out wanting to snuggle with me on the couch. I knew I shouldn’t but I really wanted to snuggle with her so I let her stay out with me. Then 45 minutes later Monkey woke up. We are still working on him going back to sleep without nursing so I rocked and rocked and rocked until he fell asleep, took about 30 minutes. GG was lying on the couch still, while I handled Monkey, she fell asleep. So I laid him in the bed and got GG and took her in too. Then 15 minutes later Monkey woke up and came back out. I gave up and nursed him back to sleep and now it is 10 minutes later and he is coming back out here. This is so abnormal.

No comments: