Thursday, February 19, 2004

I have a lot to write about tonight I just hope I can remember it all! This morning J unexpectedly had to go to court so both kids went with me to work. Before we left Monkey sneezed and had snot running down his face. He said, "mama tistue, tistue!" I was so proud of him that he wanted a tissue instead of wiping it across his face :) GG had her last class of preschool today at the Y. She brought snacks for the class and was really excited about that. Afterwards when I went to pick her up the teacher told me how smart she was. I, of course, had to ask what she did. She was talking up a storm like always and was telling her teacher where we live. She gave the address...number, street name, and city. The teacher repeated it back to me to see if she was right and she was! Soon after J became a police officer we thought it would be a good idea for her to learn where she lived in case she ever got lost or separated from us. She also knows if someone asks her what her mommy's name is to say Tonya and our last name. Same for if they ask about daddy. I know I sound paranoid, well I am, I don't ever want to lose my children. Since we are talking about GG I have been forgetting to write about how she can zip her own coat. She hasn't let anyone zip it for her in a month...when she learned how! Very proud of herself for yet another feat that makes her more independent! J came to work after his court to pick up Monkey and met my friend and co-worker Amanda. GG was a little upset that she couldn't go with daddy so I let her help me in the baby room. She is such a little mother! If a baby started to cry she would go and try to comfort it. We had 8 babies under 12 months and only two employees in there...so some babies just had to cry until we could comfort them. She was a great help to us today. I think her favorite part was holding the bottle for one of the babies, it had breastmilk in it too! Then we came home and spend some time with J before he had work. This afternoon Monkey didn't take a nap because he slept for J in the morning. Anyways, I noticed that Monkey's hair was getting long over his ears so I gave him a quick haircut. GG then wanted me to cut her hair. So I trimmed the ends to make her happy and I think her hair needed the trim. Then the kids played with their toys and I shaved my legs...I know you really wanted to know that...hehehe. I did get Monkey to take a nap later on about the time for me to make dinner. Then tonight GG went to bed at 8 not bad, oh yeah remember she went to bed at 7 last night well I had to wake her up at 8:30 this morning, I don't know how long she would of slept?!?! Then Monkey said he wanted to nurse and I told him only if he wanted to go to bed. So naturally he said he wanted to go to bed so I nursed him, he didn't fall asleep. I changed his diaper to get him completely ready for bed. Then I saw his poop face. I grabbed him and put him on the potty...I just changed him! He pooped and peed in the potty. We clapped and he was very excited he did a big boy thing. Maybe he will be ready in a couple of weeks or so??? Wouldn't that be nice :) That is all she wrote for today.

No comments: