Sunday, February 22, 2004

I have a little sad news...we lost Fred today. He went to fish heaven! We just got home from spending the day with J's family. I'll get back to that later. For the fish we told the kids the fish died. I think it is best to be honest with them about life and death. When we told Monkey it was funny because he shook his head no, as if he was saying this can't be true. Then we put Fred in the toilet and said goodbye to him. We let Monkey be the one to flush the toilet. Then GG started crying saying that Princess was going to die too. I told her that we would wash the bowl and get new water and Princess should be ok. She seemed pretty ok with that. We are going to go to the store tomorrow and get Monkey a new fish...hopefully this one will be healthier! This morning we went to church only, I wanted to go to Sunday school but we just didn't get up in time :( On the way to church GG had her Bible and she was looking at a picture of Jesus with all the children around him. She said this is God. It was actually Jesus, when he was on Earth. How do you go about telling a 3 year old that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit (the trinity) are the same but at the same time different. The trinity is a hard thing to grasp so how do you explain it to a 3 year old? We tried our best to explain it to her. One day she will understand better. At church Monkey stayed in the nursery the whole time and had a blast. They said he cried for about 2 minutes and then played. I think he is finally over the separation anxiety! GG went to children's church and J and I actually got to sit in the sanctuary together!! That was so nice. Then we went to J's house and had a yummy lunch. It was shrimp something or other? I forgot the name. I don't usually care for shrimp but Sue did a great job and I actually liked it! Then we just hung out talking about tons of stuff with his parents. They are great to talk to about anything and everything. I miss that with my mom, her living so far away it is hard to talk to her because it has to be on the phone and anyone with kids knows that when mom is on the phone the kids go bonkers! We left the J's parents and went out for pizza with a free coupon! I love free stuff, can you tell? I really am not cheap...even though it may sound like it. After dinner we went to the store to pick up some mousse for me. Then we came home and did the whole fish thing. Now we are getting the kids ready for bed and us adults are going to watch ER from Thursday.

No comments: