Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Today I saw 6:45am which hasn't happened in a long time. We got up and went over to Belinda's house to do laundry while J power washed the house. When we got home at around 12ish our friend Matt came over for a graduation lunch. We had pot roast! Yummy. It was sad saying goodbye but we did give him a present that was too cute. We asked GG what we should give him and she said a book. We asked what kind of book. She said, "A Clifford the big red doggie book." so that is what we got him along with two attached picture frames, do you know what I am talking about? In one frame was a picture of Matt and GG the other with a picture of Matt and Monkey. He liked it. As soon as he left we changed and went to a wake for our friends Grandpa. He was a great man. He will be greatly missed by a lot of people. When we went through the line I took GG up to the casket and explained to her that he is playing in heaven with Jesus. She got the biggest smile on her face and she said, "he's playing with Jesus and having fun." I am not really sure if she understood that he is dead but I don't want to shelter my kids from any part of life, for those of you that are thinking why in the world did they take their child to a wake. We got home around 8pm and made dinner, boy was I hungry. I mean we had a big lunch but I was still hungry. Well I am going to hit the bed and probably do a lot of drooling tonight! I am ok with that because it means that I slept good.

No comments: