Friday, January 30, 2004

This post is all about my little girl. Today was the first day I could sleep in because I didn't work this morning. GG decided to wake up at 7:45 (I'm not complaining and I know that's not extremely early but it is for us!), the days I work I wake her up at 8:15 and normal days she sleeps until 9 or 9:30. I couldn't of course be upset with her when she is sitting there saying, "Get up mommy it's a beautiful day today!" With a smile on her face too, of course. She says this every morning and I love hearing those words. I wasn't ready to get up so I told her to go get her cup out of the fridge and grab a bagel on the table and I would turn on some cartoons. Then I laid on the couch and slept while she ate, drank and watched her shows. So as you can image today she was not quite herself due to the fact she was lacking some sleep. All day long she would start something like a song or activity and stop and say, "I can't remember how it goes." Or she would say, "I can't do it anymore." I know it was just because she was tired because I have seen and heard her do these things over a hundred times before!!! So I just guided her in doing whatever she was doing or singing. But after today I have come to dislike the word CAN'T:) When she is tired she gets frustrated easier, as do I. So that was the theme of the day. At lunch GG had a cup of milk and after she finished eating I gave her a star crunch. She was dipping it in the milk. Then she drank the milk and it must of had some chunks of star crunch in it because she started choking. As she was coughing she passed gas. J and I just died laughing. It was just too cute. She is going to like this part of my entry when she gets older! This afternoon GG and I made chocolate chip cookies, which took most of the afternoon. She did good except for the fact she had one problem listening to me with the eggs. I like her help with everything else but told her she couldn't do the eggs. She grabbed the egg and cracked it on the bowl and got it everywhere. All over her hand, the table, the floor, and some in the bowl with a few pieces of shell. I was not happy with her about that. By the time I got her cleaned up I couldn't find the shells, oh well! There was only a few pieces. We did have a talk about when mommy says not to do something I mean don't do it. We talked about how I let her decide what she wants to wear or activities she wants to do and when I say no it isn't because I am being mean to her. She looked at me with the sadness little face and said, "I am so, so sorry mommy for braking the egg. I'll listen to you now." How can you be mad after that? We had a fun night of dancing and laughing. Now the kids are both in bed sleeping! Mommy time ;) Side note about Monkey he got another hair cut today from daddy. He just loves getting them, especially from his daddy! And that's all folks...

No comments: