Tuesday, April 29, 2003

Before I write about our day I want to take a few minutes to write about my wonderful children. I was looking at both of them today and realized I am the most blessed person in the world. Watching GG turn into an incredible young lady that is intelligent, well adjusted, behaved, loved, and happy is the best gift a mother could get. Especially when she tells me she loves me, out of the blue! Sometimes I think that she is two going on twenty the way she talks and acts with not only us but with other people. She is growing up so fast. I am just glad to be able to watch her and guide her through it. And I still don’t know what all this fuss is about the terrible twos?!? Brae does a great job listening to us and very rarely gets in trouble. She is a complete joy and blessing. Then we have our handsome little boy Monkey. He is just the sweetest baby ever, next to GG of course. I love when I pick him up and he hugs me. He has also started giving kisses too. They are really wet and I don’t mind. He does this cute thing where he puts his face as close to mine as he can get. He usually has his little hands on both sides of my face pulling me to him. I can’t wait for him to start communicating like GG does now. But I can already see his personality coming through and let me tell you we are going to be laughing a lot in this house. I can tell he has his father’s sense of humor, which is great because that is one of the many reasons I love J. I think he is going to be just as smart, well adjusted and behaved as GG. But he is a boy and boys do tend to get into more things than little girls so I guess time will tell. I have talked about the kids enough for one night cause I could definitely go on! So GG got up at 9am and spent time with J while Monkey and I slept until 10:15am, that was nice. But we had a very late start this morning with getting ready because our neighbor, the smoker lady, left her water running for over three hours. There was absolutely no hot water. We called the landlord and they had to come over and shut it off. Then we waited for the hot water to come back. GG didn’t take a nap today and I really didn’t push it but I think that she needs to at least rest on the days she doesn’t nap because she was getting a little cranky around 5pm. But she is fine now. We went over to Joanna’s house to see how her presentation went today and then went on to the hospital to have dinner with J. But he was too busy so we ate without him. Now we are home and they are reading books while I am on the net. Next stop is the bed :)

No comments: