Wednesday, April 09, 2003

What a fun and productive day we had. This morning Grace and Julie came over for a play date. Grace is a year younger than GG and six months older then Monkey. All three of them had a lot of fun playing, they even ate the pizza we had for lunch. It seems when GG has a friend over during mealtime she doesn't eat as well but today she did great. GG got a letter in the mail from her friend Ben inviting her to his 2nd birthday party. She was so happy she carried the card around yelling, "the train! the train!" The card had Thomas the Train Engine on the front. Then the kids took naps and I did some scrapbooking. It has been forever since I have done a page. I got one done in an hour. I need to get my creative juices flowing and the pages will go faster. But I still had fun and got to relax at the same time! I had to stop because J had to go to a meeting for his new job at the Park District. So we will get discounted swim lessons this summer. Very cool. Then we grilled out for dinner. I like grilling because there is less dishes to clean. Before we ate dinner I was nursing Monkey and trying to get him to fall asleep. I asked J to lay out a blanket on the floor, which GG helped J do. After they were done she excitedly said, "I made it just for you, Mommy!" She was so happy that she helped make Monkey a bed for his nap. After dinner J and GG made homemade banana bread. It smells so good I can't wait to eat it. It just came out of the oven so we have to wait for it to cool for a while. Oh yea I almost forgot GG went to sleep with no problems at 9:45pm. It was great but Monkey decided that he wanted to play from 11pm to 12am. So I still didn't get to sleep before midnight. I hope tonight goes better and they both go to bed at 10! At least that is what I am shooting for :) One last thing. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA TRAIN!!!!!!!

No comments: